Independent Wedding Contractors
Occasionally, Meredith Events will contract an independent wedding consultant for a particular project we are working on. We prefer that the subcontractor has some wedding planning experience, however we sometimes will train a candidate as an intern first. If you are interested in working with Meredith Events, please fill out the form below.
As outline by the United States IRS, an independent contractor is described as follows and not to be confused with an employee which Meredith Events enforces:
- If the worker supplies his or her own equipment, materials and tools
- If all necessary materials are not supplied by the employer
- If the worker can be discharged at anytime and can choose whether or not to come to work without fear of losing employment
- If the worker control the hours of employment thus indicating they are acting as an independent contractor
- Whether the work is temporary or permanent